Green Oil - White - Super Dry Chain Wax - Dry Conditions - 100ml
Why use White?
Its important to keep your chain lubricated. This reduces friction letting you go faster and have a smoother gear changes. A lubricated chain results in fewer chain replacements too.
White is great for dusty trail riding. If you ride in dry weather, White Wax is designed for you.
In these conditions, you get more airborne dust which can stick to the chain. White is dry, so minimal dust is attracted. Its great for city riding too.
White won't go on your pants like other lubes, so its great for the commute to work, or your cargo bike on the way to the Bronx. We also recommend White for road racing, BMX riding and trail bikes.
White is great for any folding bikes - where you're more likely to get dirty when folding it up.
How to apply
1. Ensure that your bike is secured so it doesn't fall over you while step 2 is going down. . .
2. With the cap on, shake the bottle vigorously upside down.
3. Preferably clean the chain first, and ensure its dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing.)
4. Work out how many times you need to turn the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link
5. Squeeze the bottle gently to apply White to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain
6. Turn the cranks back for one chain circulation, and leave to dry for 7 minutes. (This is especially important if its raining).
7. You are ready to ride. Alternatively, for a super clean chain, wipe off excess by running the chain once through a rag.
How is White super dry chain wax green?
Other dry lubes out there contain PTFE and petrochemicals, some even using toxic paraffin. They often use petrochemical wax too. White uses bees wax within the formula, and after its life on your bike, is totally biodegradable. Part of the formula is bio ethanol made from sugar. This is grown in the EU, and is the solvent part of the formula. Its alcoholic so flammable. This is the first Green Oil product to have a black and orange logo on, but its just the flammable symbol.
We don't use PTFE because:
- PTFE creates a carcinogen in its production.
- PTFE accumulates in the food chain, after leaving your bike chain.
Petrochemicals often harm the environment and aquatic life. White however is petrochemical and PTFE free, contains no paraffin and is totally biodegradable.
Every White bottle is made from 100% recycled plastic - so don't be surprised if the bottle is a curious colour!
The label is made from the same type of plastic as the bottle, to aid efficient recycling.
Green Oil UK Limited will pay you 10p in cash for your old Green Oil chain lube bottle. Selected retailers will refill your bottle for a 10p or 20p discount. This concept is widespread in most countries where deposit bottles are used for beer and other drinks. See us at the next trade show for your bottle deposit!
You can of course though recycle your White bottle. The cap however is made of polypropylene - plastic type 5, so we're honest about it - most councils in the UK don't take plastic type five for recycling.
Please rinse and recycled the bottle after removing the cap.