Professional degreaser to clean chains and oily parts; Kills COVID-19..
Green Oil Agent Apple is an extreme immersion degreasing agent that will clean your bike chain or cassettes by removing the build-up of oil, grease, mud, and grime. Urban riders, as well as mountain bikers, can enjoy the smoother and faster gear transitions and efficient rides.
Green Oil Agent Apple Degreaser offers excellent grease-busting properties, for deep cleaning of bike chains for enhanced pedaling efficiency. Though made without PTFE or PFOA, the formula offers excellent performance that is stronger than petrochemical equivalent cleansers in the market.
Remove the chain from the bike and roll it up into a double-layered spiral and put it into a container. Pour degreaser into the container so that the chain is completely immersed. The powerful formula starts working in a few minutes. Leave it overnight. Gently brush the chain to separate the gunk, which usually settles to the bottom. After complete scrubbing, the chain can be taken out and rinsed in water.
After use, the degreaser can be poured back into its bottle for reuse up to three times. Make sure that the gunk in the bottom does not fall back into the bottle.
Green Oil's eco-friendly formula made completely with natural plant-based formula, free of palm oil and harmful petrochemicals, is gentle on your surroundings. With its recyclable aluminum bottle packaging, the degreaser does not leave harmful traces in the environment. The advanced degreaser formula is also free of harmful aerosol agents. Degreaser does have hazardous alcohol content that can be harmful if poured directly into water bodies and rivers. These usually evaporate quickly and are not harmful otherwise.
Use: Degreaser to clean bike chains, cassettes
Recommended for: Commuters or mountain bikers, e-bikes and kids' bikes
Packaging: 300 ml recycled bottle
- Extremely powerful cleaning solution for chains and oily parts
- Kills chain grime to COVID-19
- Works within minutes
- Ideal for immersing products to scrub and make them shiny again
- Fully BIO-degradable
- Comes in a reusable aluminum bottle
- Professional Grade
- Utilizes citrus extracts and plant based alcohol
- Petrochemical free
- Made in Britain
- Highly concentrated
- Alcohol based - don't get any bad ideas - not for drinking!
HOW TO USE
1. Remove the chain or other oily part to be degreased
2. Find a pot about the same size of the part.
For chains, use a flat wide container - like the bottom of the Eco Rider Deluxe set tub. Flatten the chain into a big spiral.
3. Pour Agent Apple over the item to be degreased.
4. Leave the item in Agent Apple for two hours. You can see it get to work within 10 minutes, breaking off grime.
5. Get a small old (or new if you don't care) toothbrush and lightly scrub off any remaining bits of grime.
6. Thoroughly rinse the chain or other item with water (or even clean with bike cleaner and water) then leave to dry before putting back on your bike.
- Agent Apple's formula is plant based, and biodegradable
- Although not recycled, the bottle is easily recyclable. You can even return it to Green Oil in the UK for pounds of cash. For real.
- Agent Apple is totally biodegradable after its life on your bike
- The name is inspired by Agent Orange - the nick name for a very nasty chemical used to clear jungle, which has a hugely negative health affect on people and the environment even today.
- Agent Apple conversely is environmentally friendly, and clears grime and grease instead of forests! Its like Agent Orange's eco friendly big cousin.
- Confusingly, just as Agent Orange didn't contain oranges, Agent Apple doesn't contain apples. It contains oranges.
You can recycle your Agent Apple bottle. The whole thing is aluminium except a little bit of sponge in the cap which can be taken out easily with a knife. The label is polypropylene and will burn away cleanly when the bottle is melted for recycling we are told.