The Helium frame is Ridley's ultra-gourmet bike. It's simply at the highest level when it comes to stiffness to weight ratio. Ridley designed it to be as light as possible to tackle the longest, steepest climbs. Yet it is stiff and durable enough to expertly handle the likes of André Greipel putting all his power on it in a sprint. Hence, weight as well as performance is built into this frame as it must satisfy the most demanding of Ridley's pro cyclists.The Helium is not only built for the pros, but is designed for anyone who wants to pull everything out of their bike. It'll help you to be fast on the climbs to grab those Strava KOM's, fly on the flats and rolling terrain, and sprint like a pro. It's also comfy enough to keep you motivated to ride long distances to tackle Gran Fondos.Compatible with both mechanical and electronic shifting.
The SLA is the aluminum version of Ridley's flagship Helium bike. Its geometry is exactly the same as the carbon model. We use triple-butted 6061 aluminum tubing to create the lightest, high-performing bike that rides like a dream. It cannot be beaten in terms of stiffness-to-weight ratio.FEATURES:
- Modern alloy frames can compete with carbon frames in the same price range and present a valid alternative for a price-conscious consumer
- Tube shapes like the ultra-thin rear stays are inspired by the top-level carbon Helium SLX with only one goal: to offer the best compromise between stiffness and weight, also on an alloy frame
- Special selection of 6061-6066 triple butted alloy tubes result in a competitive weight of 1200 grams for this frame
- Internal cable routing for both shift and brake cables
- Features a straight blade fork for improved handling and better aero performance compared to previous models, blades optimized to funnel air through the fork and decrease aerodynamic drag