The VDO M5 bundle with heart rate & cadence
For those who like to step things up: the VDO M5 offers modular freedom for digital wireless transmission. Fully wireless transmission of speed data and, through modular expansion, even the transmission of heart rate and cadence data.
Three-channel digital wireless transmission
Multifunctionality on request: the VDO M5 can be optionally upgraded with a cadence and/or heart rate transmitter. The complete package shows three values on the display at the same time so as to precisely inform you how much you are demanding of your body.
Heart rate functions
Always in the optimum zone: if the heart rate option is enabled, the VDO M5 offers three training zones (FIT, FAT and OWN). Simply enter the maximum value for your heart rate (HR max) and the FIT and FAT zones will be automatically defined.
The FIT zone is between 70 and 80 percent of the maximum frequency and the FAT zone is between 55 and 70 percent. The training zone OWN is stored in the personal data. Three individually selectable zones for effective training.
Getting going again after a break is easier than ever: with nothing more than a movement of the handlebars, the auto-start function wakes up the VDO M5 from sleep mode. Simply start pedalling to continue the trip.
- Speed 199 kmh/124 mph
- Trip distance to 999,99 KM/M
- Total distance 99.999 KM/M
- Ride time 99:59:59 HH:MM:SS
- Time 12H-AM/PM-24H
- Clock (Bike 1/Bike 2) 9.999:59 HHHH:MM
- Trip section time and trip section distance
- Average (decimal places) 2
- Max. speed (decimal places) 2
- Speed comparison
- Second distance counter, programmable
- Speed transmission D3 digital wireless
- Heart rate transmission D3 digital wireless
- Cadence transmission D3 digital wireless
- Automatic pairing
- Automatic bike recognition
- Speed + heart rate + cadence simultaneously on the display
- Automatic start/stop Motion-Sensor
- Computer low battery warning
- Transmitter low battery warning WL
- Data storage during battery change (data + settings)
- Full text display
- Suitable for two bikes (two configurable bike sizes)
- Wheel size configuration via tyre list
- Display backlight
- Heart rate options current/average/max.
- Heart rate zone graph, current heart rate as % of the pers. max. value
- Calories/totalcalorie burn
- Time below/in/above/the training zone
- Three training zones FIT/FAT/OWN
Cadence options current/average/max. cadence
The Display offers clear structure for reliable data readouts: the display area has clearly defined areas and enough space to show the individual function values together with the full text description. Efficient structure on a backlight display and therefore plenty of information at a glance.
The M5 has three buttons. Minimalistic principle for the buttons: control as many functions with as few buttons as possible. For simple operation without distractions.